Sunday, April 3

Ultimate chocolate chip cookies

 Let me preface this by saying I have been searching.......
searching......... searching for the ultimate choc chip cookie.
I have read many recipes and
baked many variations
and I have come to understand that 
your ultimate choc chip cookie might not necessarily
be my ultimate choc chip cookie!

and
 yes,
 vice versa

but I highly recommend you try these 
Chewy, with the lightest crisp coating on a soft centre....
and the brown sugar gives them a hint of caramel

After my 11 year old son ate one
 he looked at me with eyebrows raised and said

"mum you are unbelievable!"



The other amazing thing about these cookies is that the recipe came
not
 from my favourite San Francisco baker
not
from the english domestic goddess

and not from the little artisan baker around the corner in Brooklyn
but

from
The back of the
"Gold Medal All Purpose Flour"

I bought 2 days ago
Sometimes the best things are in the most unexpected places



RECIPE
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C soft brown sugar
1 C very soft butter
1large egg
2 1/4 C All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz semi sweet choc chips ( I use Ghirardelli)

METHOD
Preheat Oven to 375
Mix well together sugars, butter, egg.
Add flour, bak soda, salt and choc chips
Mix well
form walnut size balls place on ungreased cookie tray bake for 11 mins
Until they look like this (see image below)
Leave to cool on tray for 3 -5 mins
remove to cooling rack
EAT!



I hope you enjoy them as much as I did
x


Recipe originally from "Gold medal all purpose flour" 
altered slightly by me
all photos Helen James

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a choc-chip cookie girl, and since you have such excellent taste I'll try your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails