Friday, July 25

HELMSLEY AND HELMSLEY

 A few weeks ago i had the pleasure of meeting the Helmsley and helmsley girls who were in Dublin promoting their new book 



They gave a demonstration in the Cooks academy in Dublin

You could feel their passion for what they do 
and they are certainly the best possible advertisments for what they preach
Bursting with energy and glowing 
They were so warm and relaxed.
I have made quite a few recipes from the book
and every one has been delicious
I have boiled up some good batches of bone broth
something I used to do all the time but somehow fell out of the habit of.
The bliss balls recipe is now a real favourite and in the demonstartion they made it into a fudge 
sprinkled with cacao nibs on top 
This is now my go to snack 
simply 220g bar  creamed coconut warmed through, 
2 tablespoons tahini 
and a tablespoon raw honey mixed together with a pinch of salt 
and poured into a 8" x 8" square tin 
sprinkle with cacao nibs and refrigerate 
simply delicious

I have also tried their raw avocado chocolate mousse

I loved it but little mouths were not so sure 
have to work on that sugar habit 
The sesame chicken salad was a big hit

Ok so I am not eating like this all the time 
and as I write this a batch of cinnamon pulla dough is resting in the kitchen
But i figure if i can add some of this philosophy into my day 
and swap out 40% of my meals with something they recommend i will be striking a good balance 

In other news summer is here 
and the garden is bursting 
the lake is calling for a swim 
 my garden 

Out for a walk




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! How very beautiful everything looks! How I love the big bucket of flowers. I can look at your garden, and your beautiful home all day. It makes me happy!
    Indoor Garden in a small living Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your collection, Helen. It's good to see burnished copper and the weave of linen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen,
    I was in Cork City today and saw your collection at the flagship Dunne's. Congratulations. It is all beautiful and I found many items as Christmas presents. I love the linen line. Whilst there, two woman within earshot who said "Helen James, now Helen James I wonder who she is". I informed them you were a famous Irish designer who is also recognized internationally. Good luck.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails