Tuesday, May 15

A small before and after

This little cabinet came back from NYC with us 
She (she is a lady right?) has been sitting in the shed for 6 months
When I bought her she was varnished with that awful yellow/orange high gloss
One day I thought she should be white 
and being lazy, with 3 boys in tow,
couldn't be bothered to walk 7 blocks to the hardware store
I decided to paint her with Milk paint, which was all I had at home.
I love milk paint but this was a BAD idea.
Do not paint milk paint onto a varnished cabinet,
but you probably knew that already 
So there she sat, unloved and unused 
milk paint peeling and chipping,
until last week 
I hauled her inside 
Removed the very pretty handles 
and scraped and scrubbed 
with some paint remover and a lot of elbow grease 

and Now here she is !
I didn't worry about leaving a few spots of paint in the cracks and corners,
that gives her character! 
Now I just need to figure out where to put her

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful makeover Helen!! I love it and know you will find a special spot for her!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails