Monday, April 9

Food Blogging baking


The loveliest thing about having a few free days 
Is having some time to bake 
The first thing on my list was 
Imen from
I Married an Irish Farmer's

and I can attest that this is a perfect brown soda bread
moist and crumbly
and full of flavour
I added sunflower seeds to mine

Imen has been nominated for the
Saveur food blog awards
you can vote for her here
It would be a much deserved win in my opinion
Yesterday evening Imen tweeted about 
a baking blog that is also nominated for an award

What a beautiful blog!
Maybe you already know about it
and if so .... why didn't you tell me !
The photography is stunning
so late last night I just had to try the recipes
-as great photography is all well and good but if the recipes don't work? 
pufh! well I wouldn't like to send you there and 
not be able to back up my recommendation.
So, in the spirit of blog research and authenticity 
I fired up the stove yesterday evening

As I had an abundance of chocolate left from Easter
I decided to make the 

(actually there is no chocolate in the cake, but there is in the frosting)

Oh goodness these were delicious
so moist 
I couldn't believe that I had made them myself

I halved the frosting recipe and still had way too much 
but they were truly delicious cupcakes 

NOTE* in call me cupcake recipes 1dl = 100 ml 
and is a volume measure
in case, like me, you had no idea what is was 


all images Helen James

6 comments:

  1. Helen, thank you!
    I personally think you should join the food blogger ranks....
    I am coming over for coffee and cupcakes soon...let's plan something kinfolk-y and creative involving food + countryside cut to the perfect music track......? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm food for thought !!
    i was thinking the same thing a luncheon maybe
    I don't know if i have your email and don't see one on your blog
    can you email me ?
    I am excited
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Imen! Katie Quinn is also nominated, have never been let down by any of her recipes and the photography is gorgeous - http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Aoife I love what katie ate too, so many fabulous food blogs ......... so few notches left on my belt.....

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails